Well I didn’t do as well as previous readathons. I ended up falling asleep during this one but I expected that. I’m still disappointed in myself but I understand it. I’m still exhausted by the medical happenings of the past week. I am going to continue reading to make up the hours I slept to finish out the readathon.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I didn’t really have a specific hour that was the most daunting this time. My health is compromised and one of the effects is exhaustion. The kind that pops up and you just shut down automatically. I can’t do anything about that. No way to plan for it. So that was the most challenging part for me.
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
I only read three books this time.
Best Friends Forever by Margot Hunt
Aftermath: EMP Post Apocalyptic Fiction by J.S. Donovan
Hidden Under Her Heart by Rachelle Ayala
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
I would recommend all three of the books I read. They were different from each other so they appeal to different audiences. They were all good. I was most surprised by Aftermath. I enjoyed Hidden Under Her Heart the most.
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile? I would like a choice on how to do the mini-challenges. I know some like the break but, personally, I like having them up at the beginning. If you had enough volunteers, I think it would be cool to post the minis as you did this time but also add them to the posts throughout the 24 hours. In my opinion, it gives us time to pick which ones we want to do and get ready for them. I like the reading part best of the Readathon so I limit myself on other things. This time my personal health challenge limited that even more. Sadly, I only completed the one.
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
I definitely plan to be back in October. I am interested in volunteering if I am up to it medically.
If you haven’t participated in one of Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathons, I would encourage you to try the next one. They are great fun. If you don’t think you are up to it or want to get in some experience there is an awesome Goodreads group, Shadow Lounge Monthly Readathons that does relaxed readathons.
Blades and Bridesmaids: Paranormal Cozy Mystery by Trixie Silvertale My rating: 5 of 5 stars ...
This is the start of Banned Book Week. In honor of it I am participating in the Banned Book Week Giveaway. I remember when I was young watch...
Smile by Roddy Doyle My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews
Panic by Harold Schechter My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews