'My Bookworm Santa' is an event that Bree from The Magic Attic and Michelle BookBriefs got together and planned.
My Bookworm Santa is the book blogger's version of 'Secret Santa.' So you sign up via the form on one of the host pages linked above, and they will pair you up with another random entrant. If you're only willing to ship to America, they will pair you up with someone from America.(remember though, that the Book Depository ships free to most countries. This is a good way to meet some international book bloggers) They will send your paired blogger's wishlist and address to you, and your wishlist and address to them. Then, before December 10th, they will ask that you purchase a book from the wishlist they sent over, and send the book to your randomly selected blogger. And on Christmas (December 25th), you'll reveal yourself to the other person, and hopefully make new friends :) Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you're more than welcome to join the fun.
The Host Blogs will also be having a small, separate giveaway during the sign-up period. If you tweet about this event, blog about this event, or follow their blogs via GCF, and grab the event button then you'll earn extra entries. Signing up for their "My Bookworm Santa" event earns you one point. At the end of the sign-up period, they will randomly choose two participants (international people are more than welcome), and send them over one book from their wishlist. Setting up a blog post is a great way to get referrals, and each person that names you as their referral will earn you one extra entry in the giveaway.
Here are Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- If you sign up for this event, you're PROMISING the Host that you will, no matter what, fulfill your end of the agreement and send over a book to the blogger. If you have any problems, please come talk to one of the host.
- International people are more than welcome to join :)
- Sign-ups close at the beginning of December
- Please do not reveal yourself to your assigned blogger until after December 25th
- You MUST send over a book before December 10th so that it can arrive to the blogger's house in time for, or a little after Christmas on December 25th.
- The book MUST be in in perfect condition, and listed in your assigned blogger's wishlist.
- This isn't created as a way to 'get new books.' Our goal through this is to help create new friends.
- Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you're more than welcome to join us :)
- You can sign up through the form on either of the host's pages.
Doesn't this sound like fun? What a great way to meet new friends and share in the fun of the Holiday Season. I am excited about it! I hope you join us!