I’m so excited to be participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. I always enjoy it so much! I wasn’t certain I would be able to this time with the visits to nuclear medicine this past week. I decided to participate as best I could though and just enjoy it.
I have my lofty goals of which books I plan to read. It rarely works out though to what I actually read. I’m weird like that. I read by mood so we shall see where the day takes me. My books will be from the library, print books I own, Kindle books and audiobooks.
To start the day I am completing the pre-event survey.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am reading from Juneau, Alaska, USA. My starting time is 4am here.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Omgosh. Too hard. I am looking forward to all of them! I can’t pick a favorite. They will get jealous and then I will have to soothe feelings and read equally from all...at the same time. No way am I that good!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Well I started out with good intentions of healthy snacks. Then I tasted Hot Italian Sausage Potato Chips. Good intentions flew out the door. I have a bag I have drooled over all week. I can’t wait to bust into those.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
In addition to reading I have really gotten into ColorIt Coloring Books. I love their products! I game, ( currently Sims and Lords Mobile), play Words with Friends, hike and volunteer. I have my reading buddy, Zoey, my shih tzu. I love coffee and chocolate while Zoey loves Wild Harvest Duck & Sweet Potato Jerky Snacks.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
What I will be doing differently this time is just taking things easy. I usually try to get as many books done as I can. This time, due to ill health, I am just going to go easy and enjoy whatever I get done.
My lofty list of books:
1) The Trouble With Turkeys by Kathi Daley
2) The Mad Catter by Kathi Daley
3) Hidden Under Her Heart by Rachelle Ayala
4) The Unremembered Girl by Eliza Maxwell
5) Silent Victim by Caroline Mitchell
6) Outage by T. W. Piperbrook
7) Crime Rib by Leslie Budewitz
8) Broken World by Kate L. Mary
9) Pocketful of Bones by Julie Frayn
10) Death By Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake by Sarah Graves
11) What The Dead Leave Behind by Rosemary Simpson
12) Anatomy of A Scandal by Sarah Vaughan
13) You Don’t Know What Love Is by P. David Hornik
14) Best Friends Forever by Margot Hunt - this is the one I am starting in 10 minutes
Good luck to everyone participating!
Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself by William W. Li My rating: 5 of 5 stars ...
Hi Everyone! Sorry but I had some personal issues going on and ended up away from the site. I have missed visiting so many of you! I am exci...
What is the deal with EA? I have gamed with them for several years. I use to be able to contact them when I had a problem with their games....
Cover Art Re-Reveal! Designed by Lou Harper, the beautiful cover art for Frozen is far more than it appears. It is actually the cu...