"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
1) Survivors A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles. Due out in October 2011. Set in America. Practically overnight the stock market has plummeted, hyperinflation has crippled commerce, and the fragile chains of supply and high-technology infrastructure have fallen. This book is about life after the fall. It doesn't look pretty.
2) Double Dead by Chuck Wendig . Due out November 2011. I just love this one. A vampire who needs humans for food must protect them from zombies who just want their brains. Doesn't that just say, "Good f**king times!"
3) 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber due out September 2011. It's the last book in the Cedar Cove Series. I almost want to cry. I love that series.
4) Trust Me, I'm Dr Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne. Due out October 2011. Do I really need to explain this one? If I do not get this book I think what will happen will called justifiable. Every one of you kids know I love Ozzy. For years now him and Johnny Depp have shared my heart. Johnny doesn't have a book coming out so I better see this one. ( And somebody better coordinate so I don't get 6 of them - you may have noticed multiple books listed on Wednesdays. *Sorry everyone - my kids need instructions).
5) Eternal Embrace by Jennifer Turner. Due out October 31, 2011. What better way to celebrate Halloween than with Jennifer Turner's third book in the Eternal Series? If you have not read this series get the first two books, ( Eternal Seduction and Eternal Hearts). I highly recommend them.
And now Junior's picks, (he has obviously learned to pick more than one book from one of you other bloggers. Who was it?).
1) Guess How Much I Love You: Pop Up by Sam McBratney. Due out the end of September. Junior loves this book and now that it is coming out in pop up style he is psyched up. He claims it is the one book everyone should buy this year.
2) Amazing Pop Up Trucks by Robert Crowther. Due out this September also. Junior is super excited by this book. He loves trucks and this pop up book promises a truck with moving parts, descriptions of what it can do, real life photos, fact file of cool details and truck trivia behind flaps. He calls this one his dream book.
* What do you think you’ll read next?
My Current Reads:
My Haunted Family by Rose Pressey was almost finished when my Kindle died. I am expecting it to get here today so a review is coming soon.
I have almost finished Pure Gold by Holli Pfau. Dog lovers you will love this one. Review coming.
The Caretakers by Shauna Nosler and Wicked Autumn by G.M. Mallet I have just begun but am enjoying.
What I Just Finished:
Slow week for me. But school has begun.
So what are you waiting on? What are your three W's? Please leave a comment so we can find you. Remember if you don't do these meme's or you don't have a blog you can still play along. Just leave your answers in the comments.
If you would like to help Junior on his IPad challenge by the Puzzling Piece, (Autism Awareness), Please Click Here.
We appreciate any help even if it is only tweeting the page it is on. Thank you!